* Pioneering cardiac support group of Dr. Rela Institute
* Unique initiative by patients, for patients
Chennai, February 22, 2020:
Dr Rela Institute & Medical Centre (RIMC), a Multi-Speciality Quaternary Care Hospital at Chromepet in Chennai, was established with a vision to provide outstanding clinical care with integrated and highly qualified medical professionals, who are equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
A pioneer in providing comprehensive, multidisciplinary and specialised services for all major specialities in the country, it is known as one of the most scientifically advanced hospitals in India with a multi-disciplinary team of Surgeons, Intensive care, specialised in adult and paediatric care under the able leadership of Prof. Mohamed Rela, Chairman & Managing Director at RIMC, who himself is a world renowned liver transplant surgeon. Soon, RIMC will start heart transplants too.
Today, Rela Institute’s Department of Cardiac Sciences has launched the institute’s Pioneering Cardiac Support Group “Rela Heart Beats”. Popular film actor, director and producer Thiru. Cheran was the chief guest of the occasion. He lauded Prof Mohamed Rela, Chairman & Managing Director, Rela Institute for the initiative and also for providing best care to patients.
An excellent initiative by the patients and for the patients, Rela Heart Beats Support Group is as varied as the people in them. It’s primarily a community of all the brave heroes who have emerged out of the heart related health difficulties and are now happy to lead a normal life and enjoy their health, family, work and other things.
Dr. Balamurali Srinivasan, Senior Consultant & Clinical Lead in the Department of Cardiac Sciences, DrRela Institute & Medical Centre, said, “An intiative for supporting patients in their rehabilitation, this platform offers a chance to all the members of support group to share their experiences in a friendly and mutually supportive environment. It provides a wide range of other benefits and connects the team together. RIMC also welcomes all other people who have undergone similar journey with free membership in our Cardiac support group.”
Dr. V Narendra Kumar, Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology, Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology in the Department of Cardiac Sciences said, “This gives an opportunity to make new friends and have a sense of fellowship among the people who have gone through similar life experiences. This get-together keeps them fit and updated and builds confidence back to get on life.”
Dr. Kamalakannan, Consultant, Anaesthesia& ICU in the Department of Cardiac Sciences, and Dr Ashok Kumar, Consultant Interventional Cardiology in the Department of Cardiac Sciences were present at the event.
Cardiac Support group – Privelge Card Benefits :
1. First consultation free for all specialties including Physiotherapy services
2. 25% discount on all consultations subsequently.
3. 25% discount on wound care consultations for first 6 months following cardiac procedure
4. Free anticoagulation/antiplatelet advice (by consultant or anticoagulation nurse) for first 6 moths following cardiac procedure
5. 20% discount on Radiology and Lab
6. 10% discount of OP pharmacy
7. 30% discount of MHC packages
8. In-patients- 10% discount of room rent, lab and radiology.
About DrRela Institute & Medical Centre:
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre (RIMC), an International Medical facility, is a quaternary care hospital dedicated to fostering and responding to the needs of a diverse patient population. The hospital provides high quality healthcare with state-of the art infrastructure facilities and experienced, caring medical professionals.
RIMC is designed to provide multi-speciality care with special focus on multi-organ transplantation and critically ill patients. In addition to quaternary care in all specialties, the hospital is committed to providing day-to- day primary and secondary care to patients.
RIMC is a multi-super specialty hospital in a sprawling landscape of 36 acres located in Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
● The facility, with 450 beds inclusive of 130 critical-care beds, 14 operating rooms and sophisticated reference laboratories and radiology services, is conveniently located close to road, rail and air transport.
● RIMC is led and managed by world-renowned doctors who are committed to healthcare.
● RIMC offers a wide spectrum of clinical care, education and research.
● RIMC is driven by patient needs, comfort and trust.